The ideal Interior Designer candidate has a minimum of 3 years helping residential clients through all the phases of a project – from signing the client to celebrating in the finished space. Your appreciation and comfort with the number side of design projects ensure that you, not only make it beautiful, you are considering how the space is used for maximum benefit. In all of our efforts, we design to consider the craftsman’s required workflow.
Professionally, you understand that taking feedback and using it to continually improve will set you up to thrive in the company and with your clients. Excellent collaboration with the Lori Design team, the amazing trades that we work alongside, and the professional builder/architects are required to keep everyone on board with the vision. You will be capturing and considering all the details so that each step can be completed accurately and timely. From addresses to measurements, your attention to details, reliability and personal follow-up habits will set you, and your projects, up to succeed.
Due to the nature of the position, you will be moving physically in multiple environments including construction, showrooms, and build-out situations. Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel locally is a required piece of this role.
The standout candidate is the one that is able to articulate and demonstrate the aesthetic, design recommendations and challenges to clients making them feel heard AND supported. At this time, we have the best quality products including Lutron, Schumacher, Osborne & Little, and many more. You will enjoy working on this team if you value taking ownership of your own mistakes and love to be of service to others!
- Develop design concepts for residential projects including create color palettes and select paint, research furnishings and decor, create mood/style boards, select materials for renovations.
- Present concepts and manage client relationships through calls, in-person client meetings, at client residence as well as vendor locations.
- Meet with prospects to develop a design plan, draft proposals with notes and close the sale.
- Photograph..and measure rooms and furnishings focusing on details and specifications and ensure added into the company project system daily.
- Use artistic skills to Sketch spaces to scale, create room layouts in digital form and mood boards.
- Coordinate, track and facilitate project timeliness and success by coordinating with vendors, deliveries, etc.
- Communicating with clients proactively on project changes or challenges.
- Attend regular meetings in office.
- Interior designer with 3 years of work experience specifically within the high-end industry.
- Strong knowledge of design principles; blueprints, color palette & paint color selection, room layout, furniture selection, and window treatments.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to focus on client needs to tailor designs to a client’s style.
- Excellent Client service experience – from small talk to easily putting clients at ease
- Experience using online presentation software – i.e., DesignFiles, Revit, Houzz
- Able to measure precisely and compute space dimensions
- Artistic capacities including sketching
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to work independently
- Must have reliable transportation.
Preferred, but not required
- Member of ASID or NCIDQ, preferred
- Commercial design experience
When applying for this position please email your resume, a link to your portfolio and your cover letter to email@example.com. Please include a paragraph about why you are looking for full-time work right now. Candidates will be required to successfully pass our PROJECT test as well as a criminal background check. We are only accepting applicants via email. No phone calls please.