The ultimate responsibility and accountability for all Quaboag Hills Chamber of Commerce (QHCC) operations. The Executive Vice President functions as the Chief Executive Officer of the Chamber and is responsible to the membership of the QHCC through its annually elected Board of Directors. This candidate will have experience in building business relationships, event coordination, print and digital marketing, sales, and financial oversight. They must have proven interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter, able to work independently and have the flexibility to evolve with the position as the job dictates for growth and success.
Job Description – Including but not limited to.
- Responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors for upholding, promoting and development of the QHCC Mission Statement.
- Creates business plans with the support and direction of the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for being the QHCC’s chief spokesperson and for maintaining its reputation and fiscal well-being.
- Develops and maintains a budget, managing all finances including the administration and preparation of the annual budget and long-range forecast of needs; prepares all financial statements with the support of the Treasurer of the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for promoting business development for approximately 250 members in the 15 townships of Belchertown, Brimfield, Brookfield, East Brookfield, Hardwick, Holland, Monson, New Braintree, North Brookfield, Palmer, Spencer, Wales, Warren, and West Brookfield.
- Responsible for maintaining and increasing membership sales by building relationships with members and community businesses.
- Consistently evaluates community and business needs and goals and acts as chief liaison to the community, designing programs to meet their immediate and long range needs.
- Increases membership through aggressive marketing initiative and public relations. Including development and publication of the QHCC business reference guide, written communication, emails and newsletters, networking events, fundraising events, business recognition, Social Media advertising and promotion.
- Responsible for the maintaining the QHCC Website with current information, and promoting QHCC member businesses and local events.
- Develops, promotes and organizes events and programs that will support the QHCC goals and help build business visibility and growth within the townships supported.
- Holds broad oversight responsibilities for working with committees to run conferences; public education; relevant seminars and trade shows while increasing attendance.
- Maintains visionary leadership by encouraging the personal, professional and financial support of the membership and businesses in the region.
- Supports and is responsive to the needs of members and encourages their participation in Chamber activities.
- Encourages, analyzes and motivates through communications with members which will positively enhance QHCC programs and policies.
- Serves as the representative of the Chamber for its member towns to local, state and national organizations.