Since the Meeting House was built in 1799, it has served as the first town hall, the first school, and the parish home for the First Church of Ware. The building was heavily damaged in a fire in 1986.The Proprietors of the Ware Center Meeting House is the non-profit historic preservation corporation created expressly for the purpose of driving the restoration and maintaining the building.
In partnership with The Ware Historical Society the museum opened in 2009. Summer concert series, educational
tours and programs are now ongoing.
For information or to make a donation of time, talent or treasure contact
The Proprietors of the Ware Center
Ware, MA 01082